Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Our 10th Anniversary

Last week Jim and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. We went to a great restaurant in Lacey called Ricoardo's, it was super romantic. There was a guitar player in the corner that sang love songs the entire time and the food was delicious. It's hard to believe 10 years have already gone by, it definitely has gone by fast. Who would have guessed that a guy I met at work and just "started talking to" would end up being my husband and a step dad to my kids. I had been alone for a while and when Jim took me out on our first date I was so nervous that I just kept talking and talking. Finally Jim looked at me and said " you know, it's okay not to talk". LOL!! I knew he was a keeper at that point . We went to see "You've got Mail" and at the end of the movie Jim leaned over and kissed me. And then we looked back and saw several "old folk couples" looking at us and we started laughing. Jim is the goofy one in our relationship and I'm the serious one, he's the fun dad and I'm the strict mom, he has high expectations and I have compassion- we compliment each other. I love him and I know he loves me and for that I am truly grateful. Happy Anniversary Honey.

No comments: