Sunday, October 19, 2008

October kid pictures






The morning started out good, I told Jim and the kids that I wanted to take some family pictures. I have been itching to try some portraits with my new camera and having all of the kids together doesn't happen too much anymore. Sounds good, right? Then we decided we would go to the cider mill up the road after the pictures to get pumpkins. Still sounds good.... It's almost like they couldn't wait to get to the cider mill, they were impatient at every pose, complained, made faces, wouldn't smile.... you name it. I finally gave up after the railroad tracks and the constant complaining about their pants getting dirty (I have to admit, I was just a bit worried about a train coming) I did end up getting a few shots that I liked and I was able to use the new camera a bit, so all in all the "shoot" wasn't a total loss. I think the next time I wont tell them anything except we're going to take some pictures and warn them they better behave or they'll be grounded. Who knows if that will work even, the older they get the harder it gets to get them to all cooperate. Then of course there's the other kid in our family, Jim, who's goofing around distracting them. Check out his picture if you need any proof of that!











No comments: