A few weeks ago I came across this antique dresser at a garage sale. I had been kind of looking for a project that I could re-do ala missmustardseed.blogspot.com. I have been stalking her site, admiring her work and thinking it might be possible to do a project myself (with Jim's help of course!) I love the look of a white painted piece with a contrasting top and sides and so that was the look we went for. We started filling holes and sanding Friday night after work and by Saturday night we were reading to paint. We actually stained the top of the dresser on Saturday and just needed one more coat of stain to finish it up. We were too tired to paint on Saturday but we were definitely ready. So Sunday morning Jim got started on the first of several coats of spray satin paint. Now, I was super hesitant about using spray paint but it honestly turned out just like I imagined it would. We went to Home Depot to pick up knobs and I was shocked at how much they cost- $4 each and we needed 10, they cost almost as much as the dresser! By Sunday night Jim had completed all of the painting and we just needed to let everything dry completely so we could put it all together. This morning Jim called me out to show me the final product and I absolutely love how it turned out. It is exactly the vision that I had for the piece and I have already put it into the bedroom. So, I think I may have created a monster- Jim is already starting on the next project and talking about selling the pieces we make! I'll have to let you know how that goes.