Thursday, August 16, 2012

He's a college boy!

Last weekend Mike headed off to WSU for his freshman year of college. It was a bittersweet weekend for me, I'm happy and excited for him but at the same time I am definitely going to miss him terribly. He is basically the last kid actually living in the house, Cameron only comes twice a month on the weekend, so once Mike left Jim and I officially became "empty nesters". Leading up to the actual weekend it seemed like it was along way off but the next thing I knew it was August 11th and we were in the car driving to Pullman. We checked him into the dorms, with the help of his dad and Mandy, then headed off to explore the campus and have some dinner with Kelsi and her parents. We spent the night in Lewiston, Idaho and then met up with Mike and Kelsi for breakfast and some shopping. I know, I know, just drop him and go! Nope, I needed to have one last morning with my boy before leaving him to his new world. I walked him up to his room, hugged him tight, teared up a little and said goodbye. Then he asked for money, LOL, and walked to the car with me to get some. Some things never change. I am very proud of Mike for making the big leap to a college that is 6 hours away, all the way across the state, far away from his family. I'm sure he's going to be fine bit I'm also sure I'll be calling often.








No comments: