Thursday, May 20, 2010

Building a boy album

As I have probably already mentioned, each of my kids gets an album on their 16th birthday( or sometime after), that details their life so far. Basically it's a birth to16th year album. So Mike's 16th birthday is June 8th and he is already pestering me about getting his album done. He has watched me give everyone else theirs way after their birthdays and apparently that's fine for them but not for him. He wants his ON his birthday. No pressure for me. So, being the good mother I am, I have actually started working on it. The hardest part is gathering the pictures. Before I went digital, I took hundreds of film pictures. So that means I have to sort through negatives and then scan them into my computer. I have been working on it since Sunday morning and I am still not done. Close. But not done. I think I'll be done by tomorrow, I think. LOL! So I figured I'd take a little break and get some of the guts of the album together and post the whole process as I go along. The album is an 8x8 D ring album from Fancy pants- I love the rich chocolate brown color. And it was a great deal - $10 in Georgia 2 weeks ago. I had to order the refills from scrapbooks.com and they were more than the album. Of course. I found the My Minds Eye Boy paper pad last weekend while out shopping with Rachel. I didn't buy it then because it was $20, but a friend of mine at work had his wife email me a 40% off coupon so I stopped and picked it up on Tuesday night after work. The rest of the stuff is all from my stash, and I found lots I could use, of course. So that's the beginnings. I hope to get pictures printed by Saturday so I can get a start on it this weeknd. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Ok are seriously trying to tell my that you are making a whole album of your son from birth to 16. And you are planning on having it done this weekend.
I am bowing to your greatness. My oldest is 20 and I still havent got 1/4 of her album done.

cindy said...

Oh Tracy, I dont think I'll get it done this weekend- no way. But I should be able to get the pictures all scanned and printed and the basic layout of the album set up. Hopefully I can get a few of the first pages done too- that'll help get me moving. Have a great weekend!

Elizabeth Schaffer Miranda said...

Good luck, this sounds like a very large project. I am such a slow scrapper, I think it would take me 5 years to complete such an album :)

cindy said...

Thanks Elizabeth!! I figure I have three weeks so if I get a good start I should be able to get it done. I'm almost done with the photos- just sending them off to Costco for prints. Yippee!!

Tiffany said...

I'm loving those Boy papers! And um excuse me...why are we scrapping on the kitchen table when you have such an amazing space outside???

cindy said...

I know, I know Tiffany- I moved everything back out the Loveshack and actually managed to get started on it!!