Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Happy 16th Mike!!!

16 years ago today this sweet boy was born. He was a tricky one- he was a week overdue and had to be induced to get him to leave me! I think he just wanted to hang out with mom a little longer. Labor with Mike was way different than Rachel, inducing makes things a whole lot more intense. Add to the it that he weighed 9 lbs 5 oz and you get the idea that it was a bit painful. We hadn't found out the sex prior to him being born so it was a nice surprise get the boy I was hoping for. My sister was working at the hospital that day so she was the first one in the family to see him. Mike and I have always had a special bond, he's my momma's boy. But you know what? I'm okay with that, there's nothing wrong with a boy loving his mom.  
We had a party for Mike on Sunday at the house to celebrate. We also have a special birthday dinner planned for him up in Seattle with just Mike, Jim and I. Oh and of course you can't forget the car.....his Dad will be giving him a car this weekend. He's so excited he made me call him to ask if he could have it early!! Not! We are off to take his driving test this morning so he can get his liscence on the actual day of his birthday.
I am so proud of the young man Mike is becoming. He is kind, respectful, smart and generous and just a really good kid. I love you son!!

No comments: