Sunday, September 20, 2009

Southern Kitchen

Yesterday the boys and I headed up to Tacoma to look for a truck for Jim so we stopped at the Southern Kitchen for lunch. We are on this kick to visit as many of the Man vs Food or Diners Drive inns and Dives as we can and this location was definitely on the list. It is a tiny restaurant, maybe 8 tables and it has awesome atmosphere- way laid back. The food is great, we had fried green tomato's, strawberry and mango lemonade, gumbo, mac and cheese, cornbread stuffing, gumbo and of course, fried chicken. It was all delicious and we left there absolutely stuffed. Mike asked for a side of gravy for his potatoes when we left and she gave him a to go cup half full- it was hilarious. The food is all home made and you can certainly tell that it is (except the potatoes maybe?) . If you are in Tacoma I highly recommend a stop at this spot. Oh, there is a brand new scrap book store right down the road - too bad I didn't know until I got home and was reading a web site!! So maybe my girl Tiffany and I need to go to lunch??














No comments: