Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy Anniversary- 9 YEARS!




It's hard to believe that 9 years ago today Jim and I were married. For those of you that dont know our story, we met at work and we were both pretty newly divorced. I had made it a point to avoid dating guys from work just because I was one of very few women in my workplace and I didn't want the drama ( or reputation) of dating a co-worker.

However, there was something about Jim that made me change my mind and break the rule I had made for myself. It all started with a phone call that lasted a few hours and it snowballed from there. We managed to keep things quiet for about 3 months, until the HR department and our bosses found out we were dating. To make a long story short, Jim changed departments and we have been together ever since. We married a year after we started dating and now the big 10 year mark is sneaking up on us.
We are pretty different personalities and I think that's really what makes it work for us. I'm super serious and Jim is super NOT serious so we tend to keep each other in balance. I love him no matter the stresses and worries and other stuff that comes along. He is a great father, which is one of the things that drew me to him in the first place. He loves his children deeply and loves my children as if they are his own and for that I eternally grateful. He also loves me, sometimes I'm not sure why he puts up with me but I am always glad that he does.
I love you Jimmy- I am looking forward to taking our 10 year anniversary trip next year!

No comments: